Backyard Pool FAQs
Get Your Backyard Pool from Outside Living Concepts Today
If you’re a Phoenix, AZ resident looking to have a backyard pool installed on your property, the highly-skilled pool professionals at Outside Living Concepts can help! Keep reading for answers to some of our most frequently asked questions regarding your swimming pool needs.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ABOVE GROUND POOL AND AN INGROUND POOL?
Above ground pools can be installed relatively quickly, even in a single day, in some cases. More frequently, however, it will take several days to clear and level the area, erect the pool, install the liner, and fill up with water. Inground pools, on the other hand, will typically take six to eight weeks to install once the work begins. Above ground pools tend to cost less than inground options, though the price of your backyard pool will depend on the type, size, and features. Additionally, above ground pools are generally easier to maintain due to the smaller size and water volume. With that being said, inground pools are usually equipped with a pump and filter that make cleaning a bit easier.
CAN A POOL RAISE THE VALUE OF MY HOME?
In many cases, yes. But before banking on a backyard pool upping the value of your Phoenix, AZ home, we suggest having your home appraised as is and then appraised again as if it had the pool you desire. It can be costly to add a pool to your home, so make sure you know what you’re in for before making any final decisions. If you need help creating a pool that adheres to your specific budget, the team at Outside Living Concepts would be more than happy to assist.
HOW CAN YOU STOP THE LINER FROM FLOATING IN AN INGROUND POOL?
The first step to halting a floating pool liner is to figure out what’s causing it in the first place. In most cases, a floating liner will be the result of either a leak from the pool or water in the ground surrounding the pool. If the pool water is the source of the leak, then fixing the leak itself may solve the problem. However, if the water is coming from outside the pool, it will likely require the water to be pumped from behind the liner. We offer solutions to fix this liner issue by snapping the liner back in its proper place once all the water is removed. If this is a reoccurring problem for your backyard pool, a liner lock may need to be installed. The team at Outside Living Concepts can offer advice and solutions for this and many other types of swimming pool malfunctions, call us today!
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SIZE PUMP I’LL NEED?
An appropriately-sized pump for your backyard pool is essential to avoid wasting electricity and adding extra wear on your swimming pool equipment. The seasoned team at Outside Living Concepts can help you decide which pump is best for your swimming pool by determining the following factors:
- The minimum flow rate
- The maximum flow rate
- An ideal flow rating for your new pump
If you need our assistance in finding the best pump for your swimming pool, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SIZE FILTER I’LL NEED?
There are a few things to consider when looking for a filter to meet the demands of your backyard pool. Our team can look at the following and use this information to determine which size filter would be best for your needs:
- The size of the pool
- Determine GPM (gallons per minute) required
- Determine feet of head
- Determine pump size
We’d be happy to help you pick the most effective filter for your new backyard pool.
HOW DO I SELECT THE RIGHT POOL BUILDER?
When it comes to investing in a swimming pool for your Phoenix, AZ, you want to make sure you choose reliable and skilled builders. We encourage you to consider the following before selecting a team to build your backyard pool:
- Ask around for recommendations – Maybe you have neighbors who just had a beautiful swimming pool installed on their property. It would be worth it to ask who their contracting company was and if they were satisfied with their experience. Getting a first-hand experience can be the help you need to decide between various contractors.
- Check references – You should talk to at least three contractors before pulling the trigger on a new pool installation. Between the three, remember which one was willing to give you a lengthy list of references. Follow up with these references to ensure they are legitimate. You can also check out the testimonials many building companies provide on their websites to see what past clients have to say!
- Investigate the business – You can learn a lot about a company and its services by contacting the Better Business Bureau. It is also worth looking into the contactor’s certifications as well as seeing if they are bonded and certified adequately for the Phoenix area.
- Look for red flags – Protect your investment by looking out for red flags. These could be things like unrealistically low estimates, pressure from builders, cash payment requirements, asking for money upfront, and a general lack of professionalism in appearance or behavior.
Don’t rely on just any swimming pool contractors when you could depend on the team at Outside Living Concepts.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PEBBLE SURFACE AND A PLASTER SURFACE?
Plaster is one of the most common pool finishes and is made from cement and white marble aggregate. This application will make your pool water appear bright and light blue in color. Additionally, it is considered one of the most cost-effective methods of resurfacing a pool for those on a budget. Plaster surfaces are also great for your first backyard pool or if you have small children.
Pebble swimming pool surfaces start with a layer of specially formulated cement that contains small pebbles and stones, contributing to a more natural aesthetic for your backyard. Pebbles and stone surfaces come in a variety of different colors so you can customize your pool’s surface to match the aesthetic of your backyard seamlessly. Pebbles are a rougher texture than plaster, making it rougher on children’s feet as well as automatic vacuum systems. While this type of swimming pool surface is a little more expensive, it has a much longer lifespan than other options.
HOW CAN I KEEP MY POOL DECK LOOKING ATTRACTIVE?
There are many ways to keep your pool deck looking brand new, even with years of use. The following are some ways we suggest our customers keep their pool deck looking like new for years to come:
- Cover frequently traveled areas of your Phoenix, AZ pool deck with non-slip mats to help prevent wear and tear.
- Keep metal furniture away from the pool deck. Metal will inevitably rust when exposed to the elements time and time again, which can stain your pool deck with unattractive and irreversible brown or orange streaks.
- Clean your pool deck with a leaf blower or hose to avoid any dirt or debris buildup.
- Clean up spills as soon as they happen to prevent staining your pool deck.
- Keep your pool deck area clear of overhanging trees. Leaves and fruit that drop on the deck can result in staining.
Keep fertilizer away from your pool deck. Fertilizer contains iron, which can leave a hard-to-remove orange stain on your pool deck.
AT WHAT TEMPERATURE SHOULD MY POOL HEATER’S THERMOSTAT BE SET TO HELP CONSERVE ENERGY?
At Outside Living Concepts, we suggest you set your Phoenix, AZ swimming pool temperature to 78° F. This or a lower temperature will help conserve energy. You can also reduce your backyard pools pump speed to reduce energy use, as a slower pump reduces power consumption.
Contact us today for more information or to take advantage of our free consultations!
Why Choose Us
- Our Landscape Design Experts are Extremely Knowledgeable and Creative
- Provide an Unprecedented Level of Customer Service
- Free Consultation & Free Design On Approved Budget
- We Create Spectacular Custom Outside Living Environments
- Make the Construction Process Fun
- Add Equity to Your Home
- Custom Outdoor Environments
- We Build Designs and Design to Build
- We Do Not Sell Supplies
- We Do Not Do Yard Clean Ups or Yard Maintenance.
- Custom Outdoor Projects Starting at $9,999